The Pembroke Curling Centre (PCC) is a Not-for-Profit public corporation that relies heavily on membership revenue to fund its operations year-over-year. These operations include many fixed costs that are not reduced or eliminated when members who registered and paid to curl for a season, subsequently decide not to curl and seek a refund. Accordingly, the PCC refund policy is as follows:
- A full refund of all fees paid will be granted if a member decides to leave for any reason before the member’s first day of curling. A $25 PCC administration fee will be deducted from the refund.
- Once curling has begun, a refund of up to 50% of the base fees + HST will be granted on a pro-rated basis for full- and half-year/Learn To Curl (LTC) members, as follows:
- Full: resignation for any reason within the first 4 weeks of curling
- Half/LTC: resignation for any reason within the first 2 weeks of curling
A $25 PCC administration fee will be deducted from the refund. No refund will be granted of capital fees or any optional fees paid by the member.
- After the deadlines in 2 above have passed, and up to and including January 31, refund requests will only be considered for exceptional cases; e.g. season-ending injury, job relocation. A subcommittee of the Board shall consider such applications and determine the refund amount and communicate its decision to the requester. A $25 PCC administration fee will be deducted from any refund approved. The subcommittee’s decision is final and no appeals will be considered.
- The PCC does not refund fees for any of the following circumstances:
- Expulsion from the PCC
- Requests related to previous curling seasons
- COVID-19 isolation and recovery periods (individual curlers)
- For bonspiels and other PCC events, 50% of fees paid in advance for registration or tickets are refundable up to 11 days before the event start date. A $25 PCC administration fee will be deducted from the refund. No refund request filed 10 or fewer days before the event start date will be considered.
- If cancellation of curling occurs for an extended period due to a COVID-19 order issued by Ontario or Renfrew County authorities, or due to other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Pembroke Curling Centre (e.g. Force Majeure), refunds of membership fees will be pro-rated, as determined by the Board of Directors. Board decisions shall be final and communicated to members.
Board of Directors
Revised July 2022